Empleos en Costa Rica
Coordinador Desarrollo de Programas – Raliegh Costa Rica
Descripción del Puesto en Raliegh Costa Rica
To support the implementation of a robust country strategy and ensure its delivery through effective programme and project management. Key elements of this role will be:
• Managing the programme portfolio (including donor reporting and compliance), overseeing the management of all monitoring and evaluation systems; technical support and capacity building.
• Developing a network of appropriate partner organizations; raising the profile of Raleigh among key stakeholders; and where necessary, support the implementation of new projects.
• Supporting the Country Director in the process to develop new programs, partnerships and opportunities for Raleigh; common elements are scoping potential funding opportunities; designing and developing of new programs (working through the full program development cycle).
The Programme Manager will manage a multidisciplinary team of development professionals and coordinate strategic relationships with the Government, development stakeholders, local communities and program implementing partners.
Engage with central and local government authorities, and other NGOs / CSOs on issues such as program and project presentation, introduction, development, conceptualisation, scale-up, replication, adaptation and compliance.
a) Pro-actively engage with development partners and donors to represent Raleigh’s programming and identify opportunities for program and project development.
b) Pro-actively engage with development partners to mobilize project resources/funding through strategic partnerships, consortium applications and sub-contracting (working closely with the Programme Development Coordinator).
c) Establish and build relationships with partners, including planning, coordination, and capacity-building.
d) Raise visibility and credibility of Raleigh, presenting programs to partners, government, peers, experts and other key stakeholders at all levels.
a) Represent Raleigh at a range of networking platforms.
SBV Project Implementation
Plan, execute and evaluate the Youth Social Enterprise Accelerator (YSEA) / Leadership with Purpose project, together with partner organization Novartis and Gaia Insights to support SMEs in the field of health, hygiene, and nutrition. a) Identify and recruit at least 25 Youth-led SMEs to take part in an Immersion Program titled Youth Social Enterprise Accelerator (YSEA).
b) Coordinate and oversee the implementation of 2-3 Immersions in the Leadership Development Program for those SMEs.
c) Evaluate the implementation of the program.
d) Provide Follow-up to SMEs.
e) Recruit and Lead the Project Officer for the Project effectively.
f) Execute the project within the scope, budget, and timeframe.
Performs the activities within the administrative and budgetary framework. a) Manage budgets and approve expenses.
b) Report the expenditures using financial rules and procedures.
c) Provide effective functional supervision to the Youth Project Coordinators or Y4GG Coordinator in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
d) Provide direct supervision to the Novartis Project Officer/s.
Program design and implementation
Work on the development of new projects, from design through to handover to the implementation.
a) Generate innovative and evidence-based development programming ideas.
b) Creation of concepts, baselines studies, formative research; theories of change or grant proposals of new programs.
c) Identify opportunities for new projects.
d) Ensure that consultancy, technical assistance and capacity-building support is appropriately identified, designed and delivered to a high standard.
e) Coordinate and collaborate with Raleigh´s UK Office and Raleigh International globally for sharing of information, mutual learning and the establishment of a globally consistent and approach to programming.
f) Provide support to all Raleigh staff to ensure projects are implemented in accordance with agreed plans, standards and criteria.
Development and implementation of the Raleigh country strategy
Support the Senior Management Team in the development and delivery of a robust country strategy. Operationalization with due emphasis on feasibility, sustainability, quality, and financial viability.
a) Maintain a sound knowledge of Raleigh’s local operating environment and understand the development of good practice and policies in relevant areas.
b) Demonstrate leadership and deliver Raleigh International’s strategy for youth empowerment and putting young people at the heart of global change.
c) Active participation in Raleigh´s global teams to develop content and standards for the implementation of the programs.
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL)
Promote a culture of continuous improvement based on evidence and deep analysis of the results to increase the impact of our work. a) Oversight of all Raleigh MEAL.
b) Build capacity within Raleigh programme staff in order to comply with all internal and external MEAL requirements.
c) Ensure quality monitoring and evaluation of a defined programme portfolio in coordination with the Operations Manager, Country Director and UK Office MEAL Manager and Programme Manager.
d) Liaise between Raleigh UK Office and the Raleigh staff team to ensure that team members are familiar with procedures and are compliant with all obligations.
JOB CONTEXT: A general commentary of any aspects of the job that do not fit logically in the other sections
• Member of the Senior Management Team of Raleigh in Costa Rica and Nicaragua.
• Active participation in the MEAL Communities of Practice (Global Team).
• Working away from the office to perform site visits, possible overnight stays at the programme areas (sometimes remote). May need to work from home with some frequency.
• Frequent working missions away from the office (seminar, meetings, field visits).
• The position does not require a strong physical effort, but an intensive use of computers.
• May required driving into rural areas on bad quality roads.
• International Travel may be required: 1-2 trips per year.
**QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, & SKILLS:**
Define the skills, knowledge and experience specific to the job in question (includes generic skills)
● Bachelor’s degree in a field of social science, business administration, social development, rural development.
● At least 3 years’ working experience:
o In Project Manager of complex social projects; especially related to Youth, Environment or Entrepreneurial initiatives.
o Developing partnerships with governments, NGO or corporate sector.
o Writing conceptual notes, project concepts, research reports and the capacity to perform analytical reviews of external referential sources (statistical reports, evaluation reports and other).
● Knowledge, experience and understanding of:
o The youth sector and issues affecting young people.
o Corporate Social Responsibility.
o Social intervention design tools like the theory of change, logic frame, RACI and others.
o Development sector in Costa Rica and Nicaragua (desirable), social development sector in general and international development agenda (SDGs)
● Understanding, commitment and passion for Raleigh’s work.
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills to a variety of audiences (English and Spanish).
● Strong IT Skills (specifically Excel and databases, Office365, MS Project, Virtual Collaboration Tools).
00:00 Costa Rica Time; 07 January 2020
09-10 January 2020
How to apply
Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter stating how you meet the person specification.
Do not send any other documents (evidence, certificates etc.) currently. Your email should have the following title: Application, Programme Manager + your name and surname.
Raliegh Costa Rica
Turrialba / San José
Coordinador Desarrollo de Programas
Publicado por Empleos en Costa Rica
Nota: Este enlace/correo está fuera de empleosencostarica.com en cualquier momento lo pueden desactivar.
APLICAR A ESTE EMPLEO
Haz click en el correo o en el Link
Coordinador Desarrollo de Programas – Raliegh Costa Rica
Indicar en el asunto el puesto que aplica, si envía su CV por Correo.
EMPLEOS VACANTES RECIENTES
HAZ CLICK EN CADA UNO
EMPLEOS POR ZONAS